Oxford Real Estate Investment Programme
- 6 weeks
- Short programme
About the programme
The way we invest in, manage, and complete real estate transactions is rapidly evolving.
Building resilience in real estate investments has become key to staying ahead of the curve, but to do so, investors and professionals in property management and development need to know what the future looks like. This programme examines the current real estate landscape, along with the forces set to shape its future. You will learn to determine the value of investment opportunities using appraisal techniques, and analyse the shifting nature of commercial real estate.
Designed for leaders and experienced professionals in the property, engineering, construction, finance, and trade industries, the programme content will give you a broader holistic view of the industry. Real estate investors, venture capitalists, and those specialising in property fund management will also benefit from the insights shared throughout the modules. Although this is a broad strategic programme, prior knowledge of finance will be beneficial.
Delivered in collaboration with digital education provider GetSmarter, a 2U, Inc. brand, you will be part of a community learning together through a dedicated Online Campus.
If you have any questions, or if you wish to discuss any part of the programme further, please get in touch with our team.
Introduction to the programme
On completion of this programme, you’ll walk away with:
- An understanding of the global megatrends, disruptions, and developments affecting the property industry
- Skills to create an investment fund or product that increases the resilience of your real estate portfolio
- A personal appraisal model for valuing a new investment product, a fund, or property
- Enhanced knowledge supported by real-world case studies, guest experts from across the real estate industry, and exclusive insights from Oxford Saïd
- Access to the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn and other benefits
Welcome to your online campus.
Applications to join the programme will be accepted until the end of the orientation module.
Real estate - the asset in context
Explore the current real estate universe and the context that will shape its future.
Real estate investment and finance
Learn how to appraise real estate using a model based on first principles.
The future of commercial real estate markets
Learn about the future of the commercial real estate occupier markets and consider strategies to prepare for it.
The future of housing and residential property markets
Explore the balance between housing as a social need and an investment opportunity.
Development, sustainability, and the future of cities
Discover how buildings and cities can adapt to become more sustainable.
The future of real estate funds, portfolios, and capital markets
Learn how to create and pitch a new investment product which will improve an investment portfolio.
A unique insight into a process of radical change now underway in the global markets. This encompasses capital markets, the housing market, commercial real estate, development, and proptech.
Industry expert contributors
- Alice Breheny - Global Head of Research, Nuveen
- Daniel Burnand - Associate, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
- Faisal Butt - Founder & CEO, Pi Labs
- Arsha Cazazian-Clement - Director of Global Real Estate, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Russell Chaplin - CEO, I-VREA and Associate Fellow, Saïd Business School
- Eric Clement - Managing Director - Strategic Investments, NYCEDC and Associate Fellow
- Neil Crosby - Professor of Real Estate, University of Reading
- Yair Ginor - Founder, Frame RE
- Emma Huepfl - Managing Director, CBRE Global Investors Credit Strategies (EMEA)
- Ronen Journo - Senior Managing Director, Hines
- Sabina Kalyan - Global Head of Research, CBRE Global Investors and Associate Fellow
- Philip Kemp - Managing Director, TheKempCo Ltd
- Josh Panknin - Adjunct Professor, Columbia University
- Jeremy Plummer - Global CIO, CBRE Global Investors
- Mark Preston - Executive Trustee, Grosvenor Estate
- Sarah Ratcliffe - CEO, Better Buildings Partnership
- Jonathan Rose - President, Jonathan Rose Companies
- Neil Sarkhel - COO, Newcore Capital Management LLP
- Andrew Saull - Research Associate, Pi Labs
- Valentina Shegoyan - Managing Partner, REACH UK, Second Century Ventures
- Ameel Somani - Principal, Si-Ad
- Andrew Vaughan - CEO, Redevco
- Matthew Weiner - CEO, U and I Group Plc
Options for organisations
If you are looking to integrate Oxford online programmes with your organisation’s learning and development strategy, we have tailored solutions to help deliver an innovative learning experience across teams.