BA(Hons) Economics and Management
- 3 years
- Full time
About the programme
Economics and management are ideal intellectual partners, each particularly fitted to strengthen and cross-fertilise the other.
The Economics and Management undergraduate degree programme examines issues central to the world we live in: namely how the economy and organisations function, and how resources are allocated and coordinated to achieve the organisation's objectives. Economics and management are ideal intellectual partners, each particularly fitted to strengthen and cross-fertilise the other.
The programme will help you understand the world around you and to think clearly and analytically. You will be stimulated intellectually by challenging work.
Graduates from this course pursue a very diverse range of careers. While the majority take jobs in finance or consulting, recent graduates have pursued careers in politics, the clergy, teaching, not-for-profit organisations, and academia. Some students set up their own businesses, or become social entrepreneurs.
The degree is run jointly between the Saïd Business School and the Economics Department.
- How the economy and organisations function
- How resources are allocated and coordinated to achieve an organisation’s objectives
- Broad and analytical appreciation of economics and management studies
- Advanced critical skills, including developing arguments and critiquing evidence
- Building interpersonal relations using verbal and written communication
- Self-directed and reflective learner
- Self-management and research skills
Admissions requirements and how to apply
You need a minimum of 3 A-Levels at A*AA including Mathematics.
You don't need to have studied Economics or Business but do need to have studied Mathematics to A-Level (A* or A grade) or to HL at IB (score 6 or 7).
The typical offer is:
- A*AA at A-Level
- AA/AAB at Advanced Highers
- 39 points overall (including core points) at IB with three HL subjects at 766
If English is not your first language, you may also need to meet English language requirements.
This is an all-encompassing education into how the economy works from the macro scale to business strategy decisions and the more financial aspects. It really has something for everyone, and the breadth of options on offer are one of its key appeals.