- Personalised support with your tutor throughout the week and in your individual follow up session
- Opportunities for self-development and building your self-awareness
- Draw on innovative research and varied learning styles to encourage your thinking and explore new perspectives
- Diverse insights from our faculty and your peers
Oxford Strategic Leadership Programme
- 6 days
- Short programme
- £14,000 plus accommodation
About the programme
Challenge your assumptions and think creatively about the issues you face as a senior leader on this six-day experiential programme.
With support from 15 core faculty members, your learning will involve small-group tutorials, lectures and practical sessions. In these, you will explore the following questions:
- what can I do as a leader that no one else can do?
- which personal qualities can I build on to deliver organisational success?
- how can I harness my personal strengths to inspire my teams?
Drawing on the humanities, the programme introduces you to a range of new ideas, experiences and ways of thinking. It will push you out of what you know and where you feel most comfortable.
The programme attracts leaders from all over the world and many different sectors who will provide a fresh perspective on your personal leadership challenges. You will share experiences with other leaders in a stimulating environment and build long-term relationships within a global network.
On completion, you will return to your role with greater clarity and vision, equipped to meet the future challenges of your organisation.
Introduction to the programme
- Gain new perspectives of your leadership in a changing context
- Explore your personal leadership challenges with fresh insights
- Obtain greater clarity of thought and vision
- Form relationships with global leaders and share ideas and experiences
- Lifetime membership of the Oxford Business Alumni Network
To your business
- Re-energised leaders with greater strategic focus
- New ideas to help your organisation flourish
- Access to a diverse global community
Why choose the Strategic Leadership Programme?
When you join the programme you will become part of a truly global OSLP community consisting of:
Broad sectors of work
What our alumni say
Excellent leadership course. Great participants from across the globe. It's the most insightful, thought-provoking and inspiring programme I've ever seen.
Hear from our tutors and alumni
Hear from our Programme Director, Lucy Shaw, and Oliver Cox, Head of Academic Partnerships at Victoria & Albert Museum who shares the importance of his session at Oxford. Our Alumni share their experiences of the programme, their key takeaways and what makes the programme unique. Our tutors also discuss the importance of tutor groups and the challenges that the leaders are facing today.
Joining the programme
Who can apply?
This programme is for senior leaders with direct responsibility for leading large teams and making strategic decisions. Typically, candidates have held senior leadership roles for at least 10 years.
- Submit your application
- Online Interview
- Committee review
- Final decision
At the interview stage you will be required to articulate:
- the scope of your role and its impact on organisational success
- your team/part of the organisation and its operations
- your key leadership challenges
- your personal development goals
- 14-19 May 2023
- 3-8 December 2023
- 19-24 May 2024
Recruitment for programmes will close one week prior to the start date, unless they become fully subscribed in advance.
Programme fee includes all tuition, education materials, coffee breaks and most meals: £14,000
Accommodation fee: £700
Registrations are confirmed on receipt of full payment of the programme fee, and places are allocated in order of receipt of payment.
Take advantage of our corporate partner rate (15%) if three or more people from your organisation attend any of our open programmes across a twelve-month period.
Once you have a confirmed place on a programme, we suggest you apply for a visa as soon as possible, as it can take up to 100 days to process.
Saïd Business School can provide a letter to support your visa application if required.
Would you like us to review your profile and assess whether this programme is a good match for you?
Women at Oxford Saïd
We explore the differences between the Women Transforming Leadership and the Oxford Strategic Leadership Programme in our article Spoilt for choice: Oxford’s options for developing women leaders.