Oxford Blockchain Strategy Programme
Drive innovation with crypto and blockchain
- Start date: 8 May 2024, 3 July 2024
- Duration: 7 weeks. 1 week orientation, 6 weeks of modules
- Location: Online
- Cost: £2,350
Cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology are driving innovation and competitive advantage for companies in many industries and environments.
Cryptocurrencies and blockchain-based financial systems regulate trillions of dollars in assets and facilitate trillions in economic transactions. In the future blockchain technology could radically transform the role businesses, institutions and governments play in our world.
Drawing on the expertise of Oxford faculty and industry leaders, this programme provides an understanding of this transformative technology. Built specifically for busy executives, the programme provides knowledge-rich, highly relevant content and frameworks that will help participants incorporate blockchain technology into business strategy in a sustainable, inclusive way.
Future-focused companies can determine whether they should invest in blockchain by focusing on specific use cases and their market position. Dominant players who can establish their blockchain as the market solution should be making the moves now.
What you'll learn
- An understanding of how cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology work, the connection between technology choices, and their impact on business models and consumers.
- Frameworks and methodologies to analyse and articulate the challenges and opportunities associated with the use of blockchain technology in a business setting.
- Practical considerations on regulation, compliance and governance.
- Experience of the transformations across various sectors including finance, telecommunications, energy, entertainment and government.
- Insights from leaders in startups, large financial institutions, investment firms and governments, as well as an expanded global professional network.
An overview of the programme, the next-generation AI platform used to deliver it, and the community of fellow innovators and leaders.
Welcome to your online campus.
Applications to join the programme will be accepted until the end of the orientation module.
Fundamentals: Blockchain protocols, networks and cryptocurrencies
Examine the basics of how a blockchain protocol works, including what a protocol is, where cryptocurrencies fit in, models for consensus amongst network participants, the trade-offs inherent in these designs and more.
Opportunity: Use cases across industries
You will continue to explore applications of blockchain technology by examining specific examples of blockchain use cases across a variety of industries and lenses, including business models and business metrics, and how companies can monetise specific use cases.
Landscape: The blockchain ecosystem and applications
In this module you will gain an understanding of the cryptocurrency and blockchain technology ecosystem by examining the various stakeholders that comprise the global blockchain community and their respective roles, incentives, organisational dynamics, competitive dynamics between stakeholders, and the differences between various emergent sectors of this industry.
Challenges: Legal, regulatory, environmental, social and governance (ESG), and other considerations
You will explore how securities, data, privacy, anti-trust, and tax laws impact the use of blockchain technology. You will examine the regulatory landscapes of blockchain technology in different parts of the world, and learn to address environment, social, and corporate governance opportunities and challenges with this new technology.
How to evaluate and articulate a business case for blockchain technology
Evaluate the benefits and risks of bringing blockchain technology into an organisation and outline a business case for blockchain applications.
Advice for entrepreneurs and the future
Advice and guidance for entrepreneurs looking to launch disruptive innovations and we look to the future of digital disruption. You will examine what the future of regulation will be for these technologies and how that may impact their disruptive power. You will also explore what the world would look like if entrepreneurial thinking is embraced.
Industry expert contributors
In each module, you will access the latest thinking and real-world application from global experts in blockchain, cryptocurrency and tech-based industries.
They will share their personal insights and experiences, including the applicable knowledge that is critical to navigating the opportunities and challenges faced when driving digital transformation for you and your organisation. This extensive list of experts includes:
- Morgan Beller, General Partner, NFX
- Mason Borda, CEO & Co-Founder, Tokensoft
- Kathleen Breitman, Co-Founder, Tezos
- Matt Brown, Vice President of Corporate Development, LO3 Energy
- Nelly Chatue-Diop, Co-Founder & CEO, Ejara
- Emilie Choi, President & COO, Coinbase Global Inc
- Marguerite deCourcelle, CEO, Blockade Games Inc
- Alex Gladstein, Chief Strategy Officer, Human Rights Foundation
- Anand Gomes, CEO & Co-Founder, Paradigm
- Saiba Kataruka, Founder and CEO, Hashtagger
- Tegan Kline, Co-Founder & Business Lead, Edge & Node
- Morgan Mercer, Founder & CEO, Vantage Point
- Yves Guillaume A. Messy, General Partner, SurfBlock Ventures also acts as Head Tutor
- Aya Miyaguchi, Executive Director, Ethereum Foundation
- Matt Prewitt, President RadicalxChange, Foundation
- Konstantin Richter, CEO & Co-Founder, Blockdaemon
- Bill Roscoe, Professor of Computing Science, University of Oxford
- Edmund Schuster, Associate Professor of Law, LSE Law School
- Sebastian Serrano, CEO and Co-Founder, Ripio
- Christophe Spaenjers, Associate Professor of Finance, HEC Paris
- Federico Spagnoli, Regional President, Prudential Financial
- Yaniv Tal, Project Lead, Graph Protocol Inc
- Abbey Titcomb, Community Lead, Radicle
- Darshan Vaidya, CEO & Founder, X-Margin
- Robert Viglione, Co-Founder & CEO, Horizen Labs
- Lauren Weymouth, Senior Manager, Ripple
- Anatoly Yakovenko, Co-Founder, Solana
- Suji Yan, Founder & CEO, Mask Network
- Mimi Zou, Career Development Fellow in Chinese Commercial Law, St Hugh's College, University of Oxford
On successful completion of this programme you will be awarded an official digital certificate of attendance in your legal name from Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. In order to be issued with a digital certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course orientation module.
The CPD Certification Service
This programme is certified as a provider of continuing professional development (CPD) by The CPD Certification Service. It may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies.
Participants who complete an Oxford Saïd Executive Education online programme are automatically part of the Oxford Saïd Business School elumni community.
The Elumni Community
Our thriving community comprises more than 37,000 ambitious professionals hailing from 177 countries and representing diverse sectors like finance, law, marketing, healthcare, and energy. A significant number of these individuals proceed to undertake additional online or on-campus programmes, including short courses, executive diplomas, or MBAs.
Oxford Saïd Elumni Network
The Oxford Saїd Elumni Network is a virtual hub specially crafted for elumni. Acknowledging that the journey of professional growth doesn't cease with programme completion; the platform is devised to motivate, encourage, and provide support to elumni as they pursue their career ambitions. It offers elumni an avenue to engage with Saïd Business School faculty, gaining access to expert opinions, research insights, and thought leadership. Furthermore, the network facilitates purposeful global networking, enabling collaborative endeavours for sharing ideas, expertise, and tackling challenges collectively.
You will also gain access to the official Oxford Executive Education Elumni group on LinkedIn.