Oxford Healthcare Leadership Programme
- 5 days on-campus
- Short programme
- £7,300 (plus accommodation)
About the programme
Interpret the complex global healthcare environment and harness the paradoxical forces within it to effect change.
This programme is designed to help clinical leaders and healthcare executives navigate and influence across a sector characterised by multiple funding models, continual service redesign, technological change, and increasing public and political scrutiny.
It brings together our cutting-edge research in leadership, strategy and change but also insights from expert practitioners and other academics from across the University of Oxford.
The programme has been designed as an intensive, in-person experience including workshops, facilitated discussions, clinics and small-group work. Working as part of a diverse and experienced cohort, you will gain new insights and hone your learning into focused, actionable plans.
Oxford Healthcare Leadership Programme
Our aim in creating this programme was to provide a forum in which healthcare leaders could examine the challenges and contradictions inherent in their roles and organisations and use those insights to drive transformational change.
- Enhanced leadership skills and confidence
- Awareness of different ways of addressing critical healthcare challenges
- Knowledge and frameworks to make better strategic decisions
- A network of peers in diverse organisations and healthcare systems around the world
- Lifetime membership of the Oxford Business Alumni Network
To your organisation
- Your new thinking, enthusiasm and detailed plan for change
- Insights from research and exposure to models and cases from different healthcare systems
- Your skills to collaborate and influence across the system
- Opportunities to connect further with an international network of healthcare organisations
Full-time study over five days, including evening speakers and dinners
Before the programme
You will have access to pre-recorded material designed challenge your perception of Healthcare Leadership and encourage critical thinking.
Understanding the environment
Examining healthcare megatrends, including healthcare economics and business model disruption, technological disruption.
Discerning effective strategy
Effective strategy formation; strategy in a time of disruption; forming a digital strategy.
Leading in systems; redesigning with a safety and quality lens; creating and embedding an innovation culture.
Leading solutions; creating a high-performance arc in a healthcare setting, addressing underperformance and holding critical conversations.
Enhancing your leadership style
Self-development and renewal, maintaining your internal compass, negotiation.
Leadership in this context is about influencing and persuading, and requires sophisticated analytical and diplomatic skills to recognise and work with the tensions in the system while diffusing potential conflicts.
Expected class profile
Average years’ experience
Is the programme right for you?
We are inviting applications with the following responsibilities in health or related sectors:
- Senior leaders, clinical and non-clinical
- Senior managerial leaders
- Board members
- Healthcare industry executives
- Healthcare policy professionals
- Senior government healthcare leaders and executives
- Senior government policy or service planning leaders
Joining the programme
11-16 June 2023
3-8 March 2024
Recruitment closes one week before the start date, unless they become fully subscribed in advance.
- Programme fee - £7,300 includes all tuition, education materials, all daytime refreshments and most evening meals, including one at a college.
- Accommodation - £1,075 this is a non-residential programme. We will book your accommodation (from Sunday to Friday) at a hotel partner and include it on your invoice unless you tell us otherwise.
Registrations are confirmed on receipt of full payment of the programme fee, and places are allocated in order of receipt of payment.
Once you have a confirmed place on a programme, we suggest you apply for a visa as soon as possible, as it can take up to 100 days to process.
Saïd Business School can provide a letter to support your visa application if required.
Take advantage of our corporate partner rate (15%) if three or more people from your organisation take part.
Further benefits for organisations are available when three or more participants attend one of our executive programmes within 12 months.